As communicated in our “Vision for St. Philip the Deacon” in June—and as we begin testing the waters of an eventual return to gathering in person—we are inviting SPD members to come to the church for a time of Personal Prayer in the sanctuary.
On Wednesdays, the sanctuary is open and available for a time of personal prayer, reflection and meditation:
- 9-11 a.m. — for seniors and those with underlying health concerns
- 4-7 p.m. — for everyone
Depending on interest, we may expand this beyond Wednesdays to other days or times during the week.
To ensure everyone’s health and safety, the following protocols are in place:
- Please park in the north parking lot, along County Road 6.
- Enter and exit the church through the chapel/columbarium entrance (Door C).
- You will be greeted by a staff member.
- There will be designated seating areas in the sanctuary to accommodate a maximum of 20 people at a time. Couples or family members may sit together at one station.
- All hymnals and Bibles are removed from the pews. You are welcome and encouraged to bring your our Bible.
- We request that everyone wears face mask in the building, and hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Please note that only the sanctuary will be available during this time; restrooms will not be available.
If you have longed to return to St. Philip the Deacon, please come and participate in this time of prayer and reflection.