Your Gifts Make a Difference!
Thank you for your faithful support of St. Philip the Deacon. Your generosity makes our mission and ministry possible. As the year concludes, please follow these helpful guidelines for your final 2023 contributions:
For a gift to be considered a 2023 contribution, there are five ways to deliver your gifts. All of these methods must be completed before midnight on Dec. 31, 2023. Offerings received after Dec. 31 will be recorded as 2024 offerings, regardless of which year’s envelope is used.
- Place your gift into the offering plates in the Narthex before/after worship services.
- Deliver to the church office. (Office hours: M–Th,
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- Place in the black mail drop-box outside of Door B (upper west office door)
- Give electronically at spdlc.org/egiving
- Send via U.S. Mail—must be postmarked on or before Dec. 31. (Note: The 31st is a Sunday in 2023. Please plan accordingly.)
A few things to note about gifts of stock, IRA distributions and prepayment for 2024 giving:
- All stock and IRA distributions/charitable gifts also follow the above guidelines.
- If you wish to transfer stock to the church’s Schwab account, please let us know about your gift, as donor names are not disclosed by Schwab.
- When transferring assets to the SPD Schwab account from firms other than Schwab, processing times typically vary from two to six weeks. Assets must be transferred and deposited into our Schwab account by Dec. 31, 2023.
- If you wish to prepay your 2024 contributions, please make a notation on the envelope and write in the check memo, “Prepayment for 2024.” To receive credit on your 2023 year-end statement, 2024 prepayments must also be received by Dec. 31, 2023. If an electronic gift is desired to be recorded as a 2024 prepay, the gift must be initiated on or before Dec. 31, 2023. A call or email to the finance office is extremely helpful if an electronic 2024 prepayment gift has been initiated.
We are grateful to you for your part in helping us continue to Reach Out, Proclaim and Inspire. Remember: Your gifts make a difference. (Ephesians 1:15-19)